Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Crisis of Truth



1 Now in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams ; and his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him. 2 Then the king gave orders to call in the magicians, the conjurers, the sorcerers and the Chaldeans to tell the king his dreams. So they came in and stood before the king. 3 The king said to them, "I had a dream and my spirit is anxious to understand the dream." 4 Then the Chaldeans spoke to the king in Aramaic : "O king, live forever ! Tell the dream to your servants, and we will declare the interpretation." 5 The king replied to the Chaldeans, "The command from me is firm : if you do not make known to me the dream and its interpretation, you will be torn limb from limb and your houses will be made a rubbish heap. 6 "But if you declare the dream and its interpretation, you will receive from me gifts and a reward and great honor ; therefore declare to me the dream and its interpretation." 7 They answered a second time and said, "Let the king tell the dream to his servants, and we will declare the interpretation." 8 The king replied, "I know for certain that you are bargaining for time, inasmuch as you have seen that the command from me is firm, 9 that if you do not make the dream known to me, there is only one decree for you. For you have agreed together to speak lying and corrupt words before me until the situation is changed ; therefore tell me the dream, that I may know that you can declare to me its interpretation." (Daniel 2:1-9, NASB)

 In this passage King Nebuchadnezzar was experiencing a crisis of truth. The dream troubled him so much that he HAD to know what it meant. The dream terrified him and the request he made of his wise men testified to the fact that he was aware that they usually told him what he WANTED to hear. However, this time the truth and terror of the Holy God tormented him and compelled him to abandon vain pursuits for the only thing that would give him peace: THE TRUTH.

The world will knowingly believe what is false until it is confronted with and alarmed by the truth of God’s final judgment. We can no longer afford to beat around the bush or sugar-coat the message of the gospel or compromise the testimony of God by compromising in our walk with Him. If we do, we may be sealing the eternal damnation of those who have not heard or accepted the message of the gospel.

May we constantly pray FOR and go IN the passion of the Apostle Paul: “For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion ; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.” (1 Corinthians 9:16, NASB)

The world needs to know THE TRUTH. Let’s tell it AND live it!

For God's Glory,
Chris S. Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Please leave them below.